Byron K. Hammond
Byron K. Hammond is Of Counsel to the firm. Byron has practiced in the areas of estate planning, advance medical directives, probate, litigation, health care law and public benefit preservation law for disabled people settling personal injury and Workers’ Compensation claims. He is an adjunct professor of law at the University of Denver College of Law.
Byron is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association. He is on the elder law forum committee and the disability law forum committee of the Denver/Colorado Bar Association. He is a member of the Elder Law Advisory Board of the University of Denver College of Law. He is also a member of the American Bar Association.
Byron holds a law degree from the Washburn University School of Law and an MBA from Wichita State University, plus a Master of Laws in Taxation from the University of Denver College of Law. His undergraduate degree is from Wichita State University.
Byron has published articles on many subjects, including:
- Social Security Disability and the Workers’ Compensation Offset
- Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997
- Medicare and the Workers’ Compensation Settlement
- Preserving Medicaid and Medicare Benefits in Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Cases
- Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Settlements for Incapacitated Persons
Byron is admitted to practice law in the states of Colorado, Kansas and Missouri, the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Please call us at 303.567.7950 for further information.